Hey, lovelies. How wuna deh do? Auntie Zee is doing really well today. I have eaten so all my problems are solved! Lol! This post is a compilation of 15 of my favorite breakfast recipes that keep me fuller for longer and helps me go through my daily activities without binge eating. You already know by now that a healthy breakfast is important first to fuel or refuel you after a long period of fast (while you slept) and second to get your metabolism into high gear so that your body can function properly.
Some of these breakfast meals can be prepared in under 5 minutes while others need to prepared in advance. So when choosing, from this list, make sure to check the ingredients and preparation method so that you don’t wake up only to find out that you needed to let your flat tummy water sit in the fridge overnight. There is a breakfast recipe for everyone. Whether you are a vegetarian, a meat lover, or a smoothie lover, you’ll surely find a breakfast meal you can enjoy.
If you are planning meals for next week, choose 3 or maximum 4 breakfast recipes on this list, make what needs to be made ahead of time, refrigerate and rotate these meals. This way, you don’t have to cook breakfast every day, you save time, energy and money. Sounds great huh! Alright here are my 15 favorite breakfast recipe ideas.
1. Flat tummy water: This is the new craze y’all. This water contains some of the healthiest ingredients for detox, and . debloating. That’s why it’s called flat tummy water. This drink will rehydrate, detox and debloat you and if you drink it regularly, it may help you lose that belly fat. It is best drunk 30 minutes after you wake up. This water may not keep you full until noon but it’s great for those days when you want to detox.
2. Avocado salad: You will love this combination of heart-healthy fats from avocado, a mixture of veggies and green leafy herbs. It’s refreshing, light and great for the warm months. Plus, it’s low-carb and keto-approved too! Double yum!
3.Scotch eggs: Who doesn’t like boiled eggs enveloped in hot and spicy beef? I know I do. This one is flourless. Just egg and meat. It’s super filling, has lots of flavor and great for anyone on a low-carb diet.
4. Akara/Accra beans: my all-time favorite. Serve it with some hot akamu/pap and some hot pepper sauce and you’ll surely go to heaven and come back smiling. Caution!!! This ia also a once-in-a-while kinda breakfast meal as it is deep-fried.
5. Sauteed Sardine: In fact eh, this is my discovery of the year. Who would have thought leftover fish sauce (which is normally used as a filling for fish pie) could be eaten on its own for breakie? I tried it. IT. IS. RIDICULOUSLY. DELICIOUS!
6. Tropical fruit smoothie: My smoothie lovers this one is for you. Made from fresh tropical fruits like tangerine, mango and more, it’s a grab and go kinda of breakfast for the working mom or dad or for those days when you don’t want to chew. This smoothie got you babe!
7. Homemade sardine and bread: There’s no better-tasting sardine like the one made in the comfort of your won kitchen. It takes a while to cook so this one should definitely be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. It keeps for at least a month in the fridge when covered with olive oil.
9. Plantain bread: Bread lovers, you thought I had forgotten you? No way! Me sef I be one hug bread fan. But this bread is sweet like dodo. Yes ooo. It is made from overly ripe plantains and some other really healthy ingredients. But be warned, it is highly addictive!
10. Veggie scramble: More eggs for you guys. This one is especially for weekends when the whole family is at home. It is made with lots of veggies and local spices like dawa dawa. You can scramble up to 8 eggs and some baked dodo so that the whole family can enjoy.
11. Aubergine/eggplant beef burger: Forget Mcdonald and co. This aubergine beef burger is the issh! It’s super healthy, extremely delicious, satisfying anf easy to make. Try it out and thank me later.
12. Low-carb pancake: Nope! I cannot forget you my low-carb friends. This pancake will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your keto lifestyle. So dig in!
13. Avocado-mango salad: A very refreshing salad that will thrill your tastebuds and get you going for seconds and thirds. This combination of avocado and mango is so delightfully creamy, you will be doing the ‘licky licky’ (licking your fingers) trust me!
14. Plantain frittata: Oh you must try this one. It’s fried plantain and egg with a twist. You can choose to bake your plantains instead of trying to reduce fat and calories for a sumptous breakfast meal.
15. Achombo (stewed beans) and puff puff: This one is well-knowned and overly enjoyed in most African homes. Don’t overdo it though. We don’t want to add back all the weight you’ve struggled so hard to lose. This breakfast meal should be a once-in-a-while thing agreed? 🙂
16. Zoodle frittata: This one is the bonus guys. Add some more vegetables to your egg people. I know you all love noodle frittata but try this one with zucchini instead for a change. You will love how light it sits in the stomach and how long it will take before you fill hungry again. It’s all in the fiber baby! 🙂
So there you go guys. I hope you enjoy your breakfast from now on. If you have tried any of these recipes, please let me know in the comments area below. Find video recipes for these breakfast meals and more on my YouTube channel. Please share and subscribe for more. Much love. Talk to you in my next post.