A Avocado a day, keeps the doctor away. This avocado salad is so easy to make and tastes so good, you would wonder why you didn’t discover this recipe earlier. On keto? This is your jackpot! Made from a ripe avocado, bell peppers, and other ingredients, this avocado salad is your go-to breakfast or dinner meal. The fat content in this salad is just right which makes it extra creamy and smooth, you don’t need to make a dressing. Whoop!
Health benefits of avocado
The consumption of avocado has been linked with numerous health benefits. Because of its potent nutritional profile, avocados are very satiating, thus helpful for weight loss. It’s high fiber content, makes this fruit a great food to regulate bowel movement since it aids in digestion. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, E, C, and B.
How to enjoy this avocado salad
This avocado salad is so good, it really doesn’t need to be eaten with anything else. Except you just want to have some scrambled eggs and a cuppa cocoa too. 🙂 If you are on the Keto diet, it is best eaten on its own. For more volume, add some dark green leafy salad like lettuce to this dish. For you, my low-carb lovers, add a small piece of baked ripe plantains or try serving this super healthy avocado salad with crisp whole grain bread for a feast of your palettes.
Have you SUBSCRIBED to my YouTube channel yet? Every week, I post new education (Fooducation) videos as well as recipes and my journey of faith, fitness, food and fashion. Click here to subscribe The video recipe for this meal will be on my channel on Saturday so please subscribe and tell your friends to spread this love around food. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 onion, cubed
- 1/2 tomato, cubed
- 1/4 green, red and yellow bell pepper each
- 1 tbsp. celery, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black and white pepper each, ground
- 1/2 garlic, chopped
- small piece of habanero pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (any other will do)
- 1 tsp mayonnaise (best homemade)
- a pinch of salt
- Remove seed from avocad and cubed it.
- Add all other ingredients in a large bowl alongside cubed avocado.
- Mix apple cider vinegar, salt and mayonnaise seperately and add to the avocado mixture.
- Mix well and enjoy on its own or as a side to any main meal.
- You can use extra virgin olive or coconut oil and 1 egg, beaten together to replace mayonnaise. There is also a recipe for homemade mayonnaise on the blog, just search homamade mayonnaise.