Easter is around the corner and most people take the opportunity to get together as a family. It’ s also a period when most people get married or are celebrating one thing or the other with lots of food and drinks.
Making finger foods or small chops is gaining more grounds at events like these and I totally understand why. They call them finger food for a reason and it’s simply because you can easily pick up a small chop between your fingers and munch on without much ado! Plus, when well made they are very presentable and inviting!
So here ‘s the first of five healthy small chops for our Easter small chop series that you can definitely serve as an entree at your event this Easter!
Happy and healthy cooking xoxo
A healthy vegetarian and Paleo – friendly small chop entree that will wow guests at any event.
1 red Bell Pepper
1 yellow Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1/2 red Onion
1 Tsp. Lemon juice
100g Lettuce leaves
100g red, yellow and orange Cherry Tomatoes each
1/8 tsp. black Pepper
Basil leaves (optional)
Olive oil (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, slice cucumber lengthwise into thin slices.
- Thinly slice bell peppers, avocados, strawberries and onions into strips.
- Wash lettuce leaves and strain.
- Now sprinkle black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil on the slice ingredients or do this step when just before zou roll if you are using these.
- Place a cucumber slice on a flat surface, then add veggies and roll.
- Using a toothpick, secure the roll.
- Chill and serve.
- 1. I recommend you sprinkle some lemon juice on the avocados if you are hosting an event, this will avoid avocados from turning brown.
- 2. Be creative with this. Use fruits in season or leave them out!