‘Wow’, this looks so beautiful to eat’! These were the words my friend uttered when I served this exotic fruit entrée a few weeks ago. It was an immediate attention grabber. The colors popped right into our faces and it tasted really good, making everyone smile from ear-to-ear as we devoured this salad fork by fork. One of my friends called me to get the recipe because she wants to wow her guest as well.
Exotic fruit salad for lasting food memories
That’s the essence of food right? To bring people together and create lasting food memories. This exotic fruit salad is one salad that is going to do just that. For this recipe I used fruits that are found in the tropical regions. Fruits like pawpaw (papaya), pineapple, passion fruit orange and star fruit. You can also choose to chop the fruits and make fruit salad in a bowl like I made in THIS RECIPES. See picture below.
How to make Exotic fruit salad
Making this salad was a breeze. All it took was 10 minutes and this involved cleaning, coring and assembling the salad. I also made a hole in the middle of the pineapple which created space for an additional scope of fruits.
For extra sweetness
If you have a sweet tooth like myself, you may consider adding some extra sweetness to your salad though this is absolutely not necessary. Sprinkle some coconut or cane sugar for a caramel flavor. I added some Zobo jellée (hibiscus flower jelly) I made at home and believe me, it was a perfect combo. Recipe for my zobo jellée will be made available to you guys in another post.
As always I would love your feedback. Do tag @shape_up_african on Instagram when you make this salad so I can feature your meal on my page yes? Let’s make some exotic fruit salad.
- 1 baby pineapple
- 1 medium pawpaw
- 1 mango
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 star fruit (carambola), optional
- 1 orange
- Black, blue or strawberries and edible flowers to decorate.
- Divide paw into two equal halves.
- Cut pineapple into circles. Core your pineapple and seed and peel one half of your pawpaw.
- Place pineapple circlesone each per plate, then place one pawpaw circle on top each pineapple circle.
- Now chop mango and the other pawpaw half and scope the mixture into the hole.
- Peel orange and remove the fruit. Add orange slices too.
- Finally, cut star fruit thinly and add on top of the fruits, next add passion fruit as well as add edible flowers and berries for more colors.
- Chill and serve as an entrée or dessert.