Forget Cerealac,Cereals and Co. This homemade yellow maize, vanilla Akamu topped with fresh fruit jam is a healthier breakfast alternative for people of all age Groups who want to benefit from the antioxidants yellow maize has to offer.
Fresh Fruit Jam Akamu/Pap/Ogi
150g fermented yellow Maize paste
1/2 tsp. fresh Vanilla paste
1 Tsp. unrefined Cane sugar or Honey (optional)
- Add water in a pot or large deep pan and bring to the boil.
- Add maize paste steering continously.
- Add vanilla paste, sugar or honey and steer continously untill maize color changes from pale to bright yellow and pap thickens.
- Serve hot in a cereal bowl or plate and top with homemade freshfruit jam. Enjoy
- 1. Beginners are adviced to mix pap with cold water before setting on fire to avoid clumps. Add pap to boiling water when you have some fast steering experience.
- 2. Sugar or honey is not necessary in this recipe since fruit jam has fruit sugar.
- 3. The plate features fresh Kaki fruit and blueberries jam as topping but you can use any fruit of your choice.