Start the day right with proteins and lots of vitamines with this low-carb veggie scramble.
Low-carb African-spiced veggie scramble
A protein-packed low-carb breakfast meal. Ideal for you if you are on a low-carb diet.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 green beans
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 tsp. Iru (locust beans/dawa dawa)
- Sea salt to season
- Beat eggs
- Crush garlic, white pepper, iru and scotch bonnet pepper (make a large batch and store to use for recipes like this. Add any other ingredient you love to the mix).
- Mix eggs with spices and seasoning cubes.
- Melt butter in a hot pan, then add eggs and scramble till they are cooked.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot sugar-free tea
Shape Up African http://shapeupafrican.com/