What should you focus on this week to achieve weight loss success? Goals versus habits?
While having goals is great so👍 you know where you are going, creating, cultivating habits that will take you to your destination is even more important. Research has shown that the one reason☝️ why diets fail, is not because the diet was tough or hard or bad but it is mostly because people start and do not cultivate healthy habits around that diet.
Say for example your goal is to lose fat, it is required that you eat a healthy well-balanced diet and exercise daily so that you burn more calories than you consume. If you make it a habit of sticking to wholesome food and🥘 not junk and avoid all sugary drinks alongside🍹 exercising moderately to intensely 3 – 5 times a week for 30 mins or more, you will lose weight in the long run.🏃
If you have to choose between focusing on goals versus habits, focus on changing habits because habits, not goals are key 🔑to any weight loss success.
Some healthy habits for weight loss include:
1. Eat only when you are hungry 😋
2. Stop eating✋ when you are full.
3. Plan and prep your meals ahead of time.
4. Eat while sitting, from a plate and without social media of any form.
5. Use a smaller plate to serve your food always🥘.
6. Eat slowly, chew every bite and savor the taste before you swallow.
7. Always trim off visible fat from meat 🍖
8. Stop eating✋ after dinner.
9. Drink your🍹 body’s required amount of water for💦 your weight.
10. Exercise 3 – 5 times weekly for at least 30 minutes.
11. Catch enough sleep 😴
12. Avoid stressful situation or do your favorite thing that will help you relax after a stressful day.
Chose one or two healthy habits to consistently do it this week and see how it is going to bring you closer to your goal. Which one is it going to be? Comment below.