This Jam recipe is extremely healthy for those who like it sweet in the morning without the extra added sugar and chemicals. The persimon fruit is a Vitamin bomb good for the cold winter months. Rich Beta-Carotin a form of Vit A for good eye-sight and a good source of Vit C for cell protection and helps build strong bones and very good for Digestion. Use as a topping for freshly made Akamu or as a spead on whole-wheat bread or pancake.
Homemade Persimmon/Blueberry Jam
3 large ripe Persimmons
200g fresh Blueberries
1/2 tsp. fresh Vanilla paste
3 Tsps. Maple sirup
- Wash and slice Persimmons into cubes and set aside
- Add water and Persimmons in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Let boil for 20 minutes untill fruit Looks and feels soft to the touch.
- Add Ahronsirup and blueberries and let simmer for 10 minutes untill water almost dries up. you should have a thick consistency.
- Use as topping for Pap/Akamu/Ogi or as a sauce with Pancake.
- 1. Persimmon can be cooked with the peel for more nutrient benefits.