So it’s our detox week at Shape UP African (SUPA). This week my SUPA stAll meals for this week will help enhance the body’s ability to detoxify itself of built-up toxin and impurities accumulated all through the past months or years as a result of our unhealthy dietary behavior.
To help detoxify, the body need detox boosting foods, foods that have properties that help cleanse the body and flush away toxins. This meal is one hell of a cleanser. The combination of zucchini, tomatoes and herbs and exceptional spices such as the African Negro Pepper which is an herbal stimulant, a natural laxative, an anti-oxidizing agent, a calmative with antimicrobial properties, will not only help break down toxins, but can also treat gastro-intestinal problems like stomach ache and stomach ulcers. Read more about the health benefits of African negro pepper HERE!.
I highly recommend eating this meal raw as raw food have all their nutrients in tack and the blend of some of the most beneficial herbs and spices (thyme, basil, garlic, oregano, chilli, rosemary) containing a compound known as Polyphenols which are antiviral, antibacterial, and antimicrobial.
Since this week is a no-salt week, add these spices will boost flavor without added extra calories. So do not shy away from added your favorite herbs and spices. Savor the flavors and reap the rewards.
To make amazing ZOODLES, you need a spiralizer which you can buy from MY ONLINE SHOP (thanks for supporting me in this way) 😉
Now let’s go ahead and cook shall we? What are your favorite spices and what do you use them for? I love your feedback, so go ahead and feed me with pearls from your heritage.
- 4 medium zuchinnis
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 tsp. fresh or dried thyme
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. herb de province
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 thumb ginger
- 2 piment seeds
- 1 African negro pepper
- Leeks, basil, parsley (as you like)
- Wash zuchinni to remove any sand.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralizer zuchinni into noodles and set aside.
- Wash and remove seeds from tomato so that sauce will not be too watery.
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients well.
- Serve sauce on zoodles and enjoy.
- You can also make this dish with salt and bouillon cubes if you are not detoxing.
- Add Njangsang to make peppersoup.
- You can also add the tomato seeds, more water and curcuma to make a detox drink.