Fruits are nature’s candy, colorful, sweet and satisfying. You can eat them on their own or in salads and this simple and easy to prepare fruit salad is guaranteed to be a conversation-starter at your next gathering. For this recipe, I used fruits I had available at home among which were watermelon, pineapple, mangoes, oranges, grapefruits and lemon. Of course, you can use any fruit of choice.
Most of the oranges were used to make juice which was poured back into the salad. It’s so easy and refreshing, you’ll go for seconds and thirds.
- 1 watermelon
- 1 pineapple
- 2 mangoes
- 8 oranges
- 2 pink or white grapefruits
- 2 lemons
- Handful strawberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional) for extra sweetness
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water (optional)
- Peel and cube watermelon, pineapple, mangoes and other fruits not listed above.
- Peel 2 oranges and grapefruit to obtain the fruit flesh.
- Squeeze the remaining six (6) oranges, grapefruit and lemon and extract the juice.
- Now mix the extracted juice with water, coconut sugar (which gives this salad it's caramel flavor) and vanilla extract and pour into the cubes fruits.
- Stir well and chill.
- Serve cold.
- If you do not have vanilla extract in your area, omit it. Your fruit salad will taste just fine.