You must have noticed already, I looooove sweet potatoes. I include them in most of my dishes to get the most of its nutrients so I try to find ways to make them interesting and appealing. I made these tartlets (mini tarts) in preparation for an upcoming birthday brunch a friend of mine is organising. The good thing is they can be made in big batches and stored in the fridge.
Sweet Potato Tartlets
The sweetness of these tartlets mélange well with the peppery savoriness of cabbage egusi stew. A taste that will live you speechless!
1 medium Sweet potato
a pinch of salt
1 Tsp. Cassava flour (optional)
1/3 tsp. extra virgin Coconut Oil
- Steam sweet potatoes till cooked or oven-grill making show that it is free of excess water.
- Add egg, salt, coconut oil and cassava flour if you are using this. You can add whole wheat flour but this step is optional.
- Mix ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Using tartlet forms and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Then fill tartlets with sautéed vegetables or vegetable salad.
- 1. Do not boil sweet potatoes in water. This will make your potatoes too soft and difficult to handle.
- 2. If your potato is too soft add cassava flour or whole wheat flour.