Good morning, or whatever time it is in your part of the world! How wuna deh? We are still on the spiralizer matta. You see with the spiralizer the options are endless and what I love most is that it really takes the word boring out of our foodictionary.
The spiralizer is a great kitchen gadget bacause you can spiralize just about anything with it. From cucumber, zucchini to plantains, yams, sweet potatoes to carrots, onions or cabbage. The internet is full of ideas. Check Inspiralized, of all the accounts out there she’s the pro. You definitely won’t run out of “inspiralization” (made it up, word doesn’t exist peeps ;). 🙂 Also check Dooney’s Kitchen, she’s one of the African smart cooks with African- “inspiralizations”.
So why would you want to feed yourself with junk food, foods like white pasta devoid of almost all nutrients when you can nourish yourself with Afroodles© – noodles made with African vegetable and tubers like sweet potatoes (swoodles), yams (yoodles), plantains (ploodles), cocoyams (coodles), potatoes (potoodles) and many more.
And you know I love to twist and twert recipes to fit our fitfam needs. Because I love you guys like that! 🙂 So let me introduce the swoodlette©: sweet potato omelette. Self explanatory isn’t it? Let me break it down for you. The swoodlette is spiralized sweet potatoes mixed with eggs and pan- fried. For my fit and fabulous family, you can make it even healthier by baking in cupcake forms for portion control without a drop of oil.
Smart Cooks Tip: Swap white spaghetti with sweet potatoes, yams or cassava for this omelette delight.
Prepping and cooking swoodles is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Here’s how it’s done:
Treat yourself to gluten-free sweet potato omelette goodness. The swoodlette can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or supper.
1 large Sweet Potato
6 medium Eggs
1 red Bell Pepper
1 green Bell Pepper
1 yellow Bell Pepper
1 large Onion
1/2 Leeks Stem
1/2 tsp. dried Basil
4 garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp. white Pepper
1/2 tsp. black Pepper
1 Habanero Pepper (optional)
100g Mozarella Cheese (Optional)
100g min beef Sausages (optional)
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize sweet potatoes into swoodles (sweet potatoto noodles).
- Dice onions, shallots, bell peppers, and garlics and seperate into two parts.
- Grate mozarella cheese and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with bouillon cube, habanero, one part onions, shallots, bell peppers and garlic. Add white and black pepper, dried basil, mozarella cheese and swoodles.
- In a hot pan, stir fry the other part of vegetables you had set aside.
- Now add swoodle mixture and let it cook on low heat for 15mins or use a baking pan and bake in the oven for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
The Fitfam Altenative:
This is the no oil, no fry fit fam swoodlette. Use cupcake forms or many baking pans to control your portion.