I went shopping the other day and found this edible flowers! There was a variety of colors – orange, purple, dark yellow and green – and boy were soooo cute! I love colors! Anything that looks like the rainbow (in color) usually grabs my attention like immediately! So here was I standing there and admiring these natural beauties and wondering if they really edible or is this some kind of marketing trick to lure people like me into buying their products. Well…they got me hooked! I bought a box and thought of how to prepare these darlings in a way that will enhance their beauty and glamour!
I have learnt that the most tasty dishes are usually those that are made with little or no ingredients. Since I wanted to discover the natural taste of these queens (beautiful flowers), I opted for a simple salad with practically no dressing. And what better way to complete a queen’s look than putting a king by her side?
Here is my suya-seasoned king prawns on a been of edible queens! For this recipe, I used a suya spice mixture I had handy at home. You can use my suya spice recipe to make your own. Try it out and leave us feedback below!
Happy and healthy cooking xoxo
- 500g King Prawns
- 100g Edible Flowers
- 150g Herb Salad
- 2 Tsp. extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Suya spice (mixed)
- Clean prawns and salt, add suya spice and leave to marinate for 20 mins in an air tight container and store in refrigerator.
- Wash flowers and salad greens and drain out excess water.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and mist well.
- In a skillet or pan, add, the other spoon of oilive oil. When oil is hot (but not too hot) add prawn either in skewers or without.
- Roast on both side for 2-3 minutes each.
- Garnish on salad and enjoy.
- 1. Use salad of your choice, any salad will work well!
- 2- You can grill your prawns on charcoal for a smoky flavor too.