Start your day on a sweet note with this tummy filling sugar-free, whole-wheat banana pancakes for breakfast. We topped ours with my homemade fruit jam and garnished with maple syrup.
Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
3 Tsps. 100% whole-wheat flour
1 Tsp. Coconut flour
1 Tsp. yellow maize flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 egg whites,
1 whole egg
1 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil , melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
100% pure maple syrup for serving
100ml coconut milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together , eggs, milk, coconut oil and banana.
- Add whole-wheat, coconut flour, yellow maize flour and baking powder and mix to a batter.
- Heat a griddle or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a few drops of coconut oil and spread over the pan.
- Add pancake batter using a soup ladle.
- When the pancakes have begun brown on the bottom, flip them over to cook the other side.
- Top with homemade fruit jam and serve with maple syrup and a side of fruit.
- 1. Freeze the leftovers for another day